All of our technicians have been trained on procedures, including those recommended by the CDC and local ordinances, to promote cleanliness and to help prevent the spread of illness:
- As always, if technicians have a known illness, they will not visit a customer’s home.
- For your health and safety, technicians have been advised to not shake hands. We thank you for your understanding of the need for these measures at this time.
- Our technicians will wear gloves as much as possible, may wear face masks, and may need to clean or sanitize surfaces they touch during their visit. Technicians will also wear shoe covers inside your home.
- We are limiting person-to-person interactions as much as possible. To do this, we will train you on our new service from a safe distance, and we have implemented verbal agreements when our technicians are in-home. This allows you to verbally agree to your contract (if applicable), instead of signing on the technician's tablet, if you so choose. Moreover, if you order a Smart Home Product, we have created visual materials to help you complete the setup of your products so that we can continue to maintain distance.
If you or someone in your household is showing signs of illness, including fever or flu-like symptoms, we ask that you reschedule any upcoming technician visits to your home.
Rescheduling is easy, with the following options available:
If you are unable to reschedule before the technician arrives, we ask that you notify him or her before they enter your home. We empower our technicians to make decisions regarding their personal health and safety, including ending appointments early if anyone in the household is showing symptoms of flu or other contagious illnesses.
Of course, we ask all of our personnel to rigorously practice the fundamentals outlined by the CDC:
- Staying home when sick
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or using hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol content
- Covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue or upper sleeve
- Cleaning commonly touched surfaces and objects, including tools
For your health and well-being, we hope you are following those guidelines, as well.