DISH Research Panel - Participant Information
Thanks for being an active member of the DISH research community. While on this panel, you’ll get a first look at our upcoming web experiences while helping to create a better experience for all of our customers. Who knows, you might even see some of your suggestions live on our site!
We’re extremely excited to work with you and appreciate your willingness to participate!
How Testing Works
What to Expect
- We typically launch surveys or studies on a bi-weekly basis, but you can participate as your schedule allows.
- You may “screen out” from some studies. In some cases, we’ll ask a few questions at the beginning of the study to ensure we’re receiving feedback from the appropriate audiences.
- A scheduling tool may be used to schedule a time slot for us to speak with you directly.
How Online Testing Works
- We use several different online testing tools to help facilitate and document our sessions, depending on the types of studies or activities.
- You’ll receive a email with a link to perform tasks or answer questions about our products and services.
- Some studies may require you to download software to participate in the session.
Types of Testing
- Unmoderated – We’ll send you a link with some tasks to perform and we’ll receive the results for review. These typically take between 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
- Moderated – We’ll send you a link that will allow us to speak with you directly. We’ll ask you to perform a few tasks on our website and ask you follow-up questions as needed. These sessions will be scheduled with you in advance and will typically take between 20 to 40 minutes to complete.
Best Practices for Participants
- We recommend using a headset and being in a quiet room for best results.
- Before joining the session, hide any windows or files that you don’t want to be seen, as you will be asked to share your screen. The study will be recorded from the moment you join.
- Be sure to have a recent version of Firefox or Chrome on your computer and a working microphone so we are able to talk.
Please note that these sessions require a strong internet connection.
Types of Studies and Test Activities
- Usability Testing – Helps to discover usability issues within an interface so that we can improve our designs.
- A/B Testing – Aims to understand which version of a design performs better or is preferred by the customer.
- Card-Sorting and Tree-Testing – Tests the information architecture and navigation of our site.
- Surveys and Questionnaires – Used to ask questions about our current or upcoming service offerings.
- Customer Interviews – Geared towards additional discovery so that we can make informed decisions on our websites and products.
Leave feedback for our research team…
Our research team is always looking for ways to improve the experience for our participants. Please leave feedback in this short two-minute survey to help us create the best panel experience. All feedback is anonymous.
If you’d like to unsubscribe from the panel, you can simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Unsubscribe”.